What Is Ultherapy (HIFU)?
High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) is a novel non-invasive cosmetic technique that helps tighten the skin. It is a non-invasive and non-surgical facelift.
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound heats up the skin in different depths of 1.5mm, 3.0mm and 4.5mm depth. After heating up the skin up to a temperature of 60 degrees celsius, the collagen triple helix will start to unwind and remodel.
The most important depth for me is the 4.5mm depth as the SMAS layer resides here. By heating up the SMAS layer, it pulls the face upwards and outwards, generating a non-invasive face lift.
HIFU Mode of Action
High-intensity focused ultrasound is a relatively new cosmetic lift sagging face therapy or ultrasound fiscal that some consider a non-invasive and painless alternative to facelifts. It uses ultrasonic energy to stimulate collagen formation, resulting in tighter skin.
HIFU is safe and effective for face lifting and wrinkle reduction in a number of minor clinical investigations. People seeresults after a few months of treatment, without the risks associated with surgery.
HIFU uses focused ultrasonic radiation to target the skin layers just beneath the surface. Firstly, the ultrasonic energy causes the tissue to rapidly heat up.
Secondly, cellular damage occurs when the cells in the targeted area reach a particular temperature. Thereafter, the damage actually promotes the cells to make more collagen – a protein that gives the skin structure.
With that, collagen production increases, resulting in tighter, firmer skin with fewer wrinkles. In particular, the high-frequency ultrasound beams are targeted on a specific tissue spot under the skin’s surface, sparing the upper layers of the skin and specific tissues.
That said, people with more severe cases of drooping skin will not benefit as much from HIFU but instead benefit from Time Freeze Laser Lift.
HIFU Treatment Process
You may feel some mild discomfort throughout the HIFU procedure. The pain is like little prickly pulses. Do not wear any makeup on the day of your session.
Steps in Treatment
- A specific area will be cleaned.
- If necessary, an anesthetic cream can be used.
- An ultrasound gel will be used.
- The HIFU device is applied to the skin.
- The staff member responsible for your care will then change the gadget accordingly.
- For the duration of the session, ultrasound energy is supplied to the target area in short pulses.
- When finished, the device is removed.
Ultherapy (HIFU) Treatment Zones
Areas that HIFU can treat:
- Sagging Midface
- Crows Feet Lightening
- Brow Lifting
- Tightening of Eyebags
- Double Chin
- Neck Laxity
- Chest Skin Laxity
Ultherapy (HIFU) Aftercare
- Avoid direct sunlight and extreme cold for a few weeks after therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol after therapy.
- Avoid scratching or irritating your skin.
- Keep hydrated.
- Avoid taking hot showers or baths.
The Benefits Of Non-invasive Facelift As Compared To Traditional Surgical Facelift
- Short Procedure
- No Downtime
- No Surgical Scar
- Uses Your Own Collagen Synthesis
- Can Treat a Variety of Zones
- Touch Up Is Easily Achieved
- Reduced the aging look.
- Bring up the edges of the mouth, the eyebrows, and the eyelids.
- Facelift results in a slimmer and more polished look overall.
- Defined jawline.
- When compared to the cost of a facelift, it is far affordable.
Traditional Surgical Facelift
- Long Operation
- Long Downtime
- Surgical Scar Present
- Uses Surgical Sutures
- Multiple Operations for Zones
- Touch Up Requires Additional Operation
Who Is Suitable For Ultherapy?
Almost everyone can do it! If you are looking to slow down aging, give yourself a face lift! Combining with Time Freeze Laser Lift, it allows improvement from skin surface all the way down to deeper parts of where the SMAS layer is!