Aging And Its Implications
Photoaging is a consequence of UV light from the sun. Over a period of time, the UV light rays induces fine wrinkles to develop, pigmentation spots to form and it damages the skin’s architecture, causing a loss of its original elasticity and smoothness.
Eventually, all these changes cause us to undergo premature aging, to look older from our physiological self.
The Time Freeze Reversal
Areas that it can treat:
- Improves fine wrinkles
- Destroys pigmentations
- Removes moles
- Tightens sagging skin
- Strengthens skin’s architecture via collagen stimulation
- Lifts sagging eye lids
- Minimises pores
- Softens scarring
How Does It Work?
- Time Freeze laser falls in the wavelength of 10600nm and this corresponds to water as the laser chromophore.
- Essentially, this means that the laser energy is strongly absorbed by water in the skin!
- This energy is translated to the vaporising parts of the skin. This is similar to the fractional skin resurfacing technology, which allows only some regions to be treated each time. Thus, healing can be further accelerated!
- Subsequently, the treated skin region heals within 5-8 days. After which, you would observe the post treatment care for greater results!
Who Is Suitable For Time Freeze Laser?
Almost everyone can do it! It is a gift from the heavens and one of the best things you can do for your skin. The power can be varied for all skin types.
It is the treatment for restoring 5 – 10 years of youth and to rejuvenate the aging and sun damaged skin!
We may also use combination treatment to achieve optimal results.
Dr Sin Yong's Recommendations For Post Treatment Care
(I) Darkening and swelling is the most common post treatment condition that last 48 hours.
- Use of RAI Post Laser Intensive Recovery Serum to improve scab care, lessen PIH and also decrease swelling and redness.
(II) Scab Care
- Aggressively moisturise all treated areas every hour for the first two days.
- To add on RAI Post Laser Intensive Recovery Serum before applying moisturiser.
- Thereafter, moisturise 5 times a day until all scabs fall off.
- Allow scabs to fall off naturally and do not pick on scabs, as picking at them prematurely may result in scarring.
- Avoid chemical peels, microdermabrasion, microbead scrubs and exfoliating agents to treated site.
- Use of cold water to wash face for the first 30 hours
(III) Prevention of Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Strict sun avoidance and protection for 2 weeks prior to treatment and at least 4 weeks after treatment.
- Walk in sheltered areas. Use an umbrella when in non sheltered areas.
- Note that even a short exposure of 10 minutes of sunlight during lunch time can be detrimental towards you achieving the optimal result of time freeze laser.
- Maintain regular sun-protection with sunblock, which can be applied after the first two days, when warm water no longer causes any sting to the face.
(IV) Swelling & Redness
- If no allergy/asthma, to take Arcoxia 90mg in the morning for 3 days to minimise swelling.